Add real estate video to your property listings on realestate.com.auposted on 5 August 2013
Realestate.com.au has finally embraced Real Estate Video (about time).
I know what you’re thinking, old news. There has been a “property video” button for a long time, right? Yes but previously the video opened up in a new window annoying the viewer with multiple browser windows and separating the video from the listing.
A few months ago, Realestate.com.au radically updated the features of the property listings pages and now you can embed your real estate video in the same page as your photos and other information.
Now, your property’s video, photos and text are all in the same location keeping your potential client on the page that has that magical “Email Agent Button.” Agents who incorporate video in their listings will easily gain a significant advantage over all others. Adding a property video to your property listing will engage your customers for longer by giving them the chance to view the property as many times as they want.
How do I list my property?
1. Create a YouTube/Gmail Account
You will need a YouTube account for either you as an agent or for your agency.
2. Disable YouTube Advertisements
Your new account by default will be set to show YouTube advertisements which evidently, you don’t want want that on your Real Estate Video.
Be sure to disable these advertisements by:
- Log in to your YouTube account and choose Settings
- Select the ‘Do not allow advertisements to be displayed alongside my videos’ button
3. Upload your real estate videos
Follow these steps to upload your video to YouTube:
- Log in to your YouTube account.
- Click “Upload” just to the left of your username in the top right hand of the page.
- On the new page you will see a GIANT gray arrow that says “Select files to upload.” As you may have guessed, you want to click it.
- Next a dialogue box will pop up. Navigate to the Property Video you want to upload and click open.
- As your Real Estate Video begins to upload you can update the title and description of your property. If you click on the “advanced” tab, you can also set the address where your property is listed. Note: Do not close or navigate away from this window or the upload will fail.
- Once your property video has been uploaded, you will see a ‘Share’ button which will provide you with the link for sharing your video when clicked.
- Copy the link (URL) of your YouTube video and paste it into the space provided under Video URL in the ‘Links’ section when listing your property on Agent Administration.
Videos appearing on realestate.com.au must comply with the following (from realestate.com.au):
- Each Real Estate Video must advertise a property for sale or lease and focus predominantly on the property.
- You must not use Video to advertise yourself or your agency, except that you may include a transparent watermark of your agency logo in one corner of the Video with dimensions no greater than 10% of the total image size (i.e. 80 pixels by 60 pixels).
- Images and sounds in Videos must relate to the property being offered for sale or lease. Displaying a ‘lifestyle’ image or commenting on lifestyle features is acceptable (eg a view from the property or an image of some local environmental or structural feature or amenity) provided the property remains the principal focus of the Video.
- You must not use the Video Functionality in a way that is likely to mislead or deceive users of realestate.com.au.
- You must adhere to the technical requirements for embedded property videos communicated to you from time to time.
- You must not use the Video Functionality for any unlawful, illegal, malicious or improper purpose. For example it is not acceptable to display images or include commentary that may defame or discredit another person or business; disclose private, personal or confidential information; be considered obscene, offensive, menacing or abusive; infringe the intellectual property rights of others; or violate any law, regulation, standard, content requirements or code promulgated by any relevant authority or industry body.
Before you do any of this though, you need to have a property video (cue shameless plug). At iMAGECLOUD we can not only make engaging property videos but we can host and manage your videos so that you don’t need to do any of the stuff above.
About the author.
Post written by iMAGECLOUD Member Craig Newman, Entendre Productions.
blog comments powered by Disqus